Only 7 miles outside the M25, Ingatestone is available for hire as a film location and has accommodated a wide range of productions over recent years from stills, shoots and documentaries over a few hours to two week major drama shoots.
- Lovejoy (BBC TV: 1992)
- Keeping the Faith (BBC TV: 1997)
- Party of a Lifetime (Endemol: 1997)
- No Sweat - Friends or Fortune (BBC TV: 1998)
- Lady Audley's Secret (Warner Sisters: 1999)
- Advertisement for British Gas (2001)
- Blue Peter (BBC TV: 2002 & 2005)
- Music Video for SNOW PATROL (2003)
- EXITZ (Inspired Movies: 2004)
- Bleak House (BBC TV: 2005)
- Music Video for DIRTY PRETTY THINGS (2006)
- Sacred Music: Tallis, Byrd & the Tudors (BBC TV: 2007)
- Supersizers Go... Elizabethan (BBC TV: 2008)
- Music Video for SWIFT KNIGHT (2010)
- My Little Princess (E4: 2013)
- Breakdown (Independent Film: 2014)
- Jekyll and Hyde (ITV: 2015)
- The Windsors: Christmas Special (Channel 4: 2016)
For a plan of the site, click Plans and Maps. A description of the principal public spaces in the house and grounds can be seen by clicking Spaces available but other spaces (bedrooms, utility rooms, outhouses etc.) can readily be made available either for other set-ups or production support (production office, green room, wardrobe, makeup etc.). There is good access to the site and ample parking for production vehicles.
Ingatestone Hall lies at the heart of a 3,000 acre rural estate which provides a wide range of other potential settings - open countryside, woodland, farmhouses large and small, cottages and farm buildings.
We are always open to negotiation on the fee charged for locations and we are conscious of how the scale of individual productions will influence what producers can afford. Generally, the rates recommended by the Historic Houses Association are acceptable.
We aim to provide producers with something more than mere access to the land and buildings on the Ingatestone Hall estate.
- We are normally able to permit (temporary) alterations to the layout and appearance of the settings. We can often provide additional furniture and props ourselves but, if not, visiting companies are free to bring in their own.
- We can provide you with information about local resources that you may require to support your shoot viz. the local authority, hospital, accommodation and catering resources and local tradesmen and suppliers.
- We have a good knowledge of other sites of widely different character throughout the County - in terms of landscape, Essex is one of the most disparate of counties, from deeply rural to urban/industrial. Where we cannot ourselves provide you with the location you are seeking, we try always to advise you about other sites to investigate and can often provide introductions thereto.
CONTACT US ON 01277 353010 DURING OFFICE HOURS TO DISCUSS YOUR REQUIREMENTS.